Friday, July 16, 2010

Reflections on flourish! Event

It's truly amazing to see something come to fruition after having an initial vision 7 months ago. Overall, it was a great day! A place for wives to come together, share their hearts, stories and thoughts about the industry and their husband's work. It was a time that women needed. To feel supported, connected and understood by others.

I don't know what I expected from the day. Except that I needed to follow through and execute this idea. I am incredibly thankful for the team I brought on. If it had not been for them, I don't know that my personal accountability would have made it happen. I'm also very thankful for the sponsors who believed in the vision and helped see that the event actually happen. Without their financial backing, it would not have been the special time that it was. A graphic designer donated his time and skills for a logo, a photograher donated her time and skill and was able to capture some great moments of the day, and many women from my Premise group helped out, as well. To all of these people - my appreciation is deep for you. You were a part of something amazing!

I'm excited for what will be next. This will not be last thing we do. We would like to have monthly support groups start in the fall depending on the region of LA you live in and have this event happen again every 6 months or year.

There's hope for the future and that's what is most exciting! Join us on facebook to stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. The photos of the event looked amazing Kate! You should be proud. Count me in for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in, too! Can I start a Mother-in-law section? I'm very good at praying for my son-in-law when I know what to pray for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am just so proud of you--and there is more of you yet to come

    ReplyDelete