Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hope and Faith

Last week was a milestone for me. It was the first time in two years that I felt as though I was hoping for my husband again. 2008 was a year of lost hope. A time when projects fell to the floor even though you could see the finish line, when things were "stolen" and somehow disappeared from your grasped. Due to the overwhelming amount of faith that was put into those projects, I came out on the otherside - beat down.

Why hope? What's the purpose of faith if this kind of stuff is going to happen? Do you not see what we're going through? Where are my angels?

Over the past year, my husband has been working on projects (either alone or with partners) and I really didn't think anything of it. "Sure, go do it. That sounds fun." Not thinking that in 2010 those projects would actually see feet and almost feel as though they are running. Or that they would possibly supply any kind of income.

So, as new projects build and escalate to something so much more than I expected, last Thursday I carefully stepped out said, " Ok, I'm going to hope for this. I have faith that this will work out. Not necessarily to what I want it to be but what He says it will be." Not to mention, it's nice to see positive action happening. Rather than the usual, which is either nothing or the constant negative "no" being said.

I guess I must be a sucker for hope and faith. "Could this be the year of redemption? A time when the hard work will finally be paid for?" Whether or not it is, it's refreshing to be able to come up and find a pocket of air to be able to breath from.

1 comment:

  1. Love your heart and thoughts Kate. Glad that there are some mountains right now. Life is full of valley experiences. Like going thru the fire, a goldsmilth purified his gold. God never promises us that life will be full of good times, but to find joy in those times of trouble knowing that in them we are being purified. Keep writing girl. :) Love you,
    Auntie E.

    ReplyDelete